TOP NEWS

Can't see what you're looking for? Type in your keywords above to search The Style Floozie site.

22/03/2013

Cecily Dresses: Your Perfect Fit


Ladies, you know those moments when you open up your wardrobe, look inside, and think to yourself "I have nothing suitable to wear"? Well, I find this happens every morning when I'm getting ready for work.

Sometimes everything just feels too 'dull', but most of the time I'm left wishing for a totally new body shape, so that when I want to wear a smart, tailored dress that fits in all the right places, is comfortable AND flattering, I can, rather than having to make do with not-quite-tailored alternatives that whilst they might look OK, still don't give the crisp, clean look that I'm after. And unless someone starts stitching about three different sizes together (that would be for my bust, my waist and my apparently 'child bearing' hips), then when it comes to tailoring, I fear I am doomed.

Until now.... (and by the way, H&M, thanks for assuming that every woman in the UK is of a 'straight-up-and-down' shape, which effectively penalises me by the cut of your clothes for actually having a bottom, by regularly forcing me into far from perfectly fitting and much larger sizes than I should be)


Childhood friends Sarah and Louise met at the age of 10 years old, and even back then they were very in-tune with what they did, and did not want to wear. Fast forward a few years and business success to boot, and they still share a passion for fashion, realising the problems many women in business are faced with when dressing comfortably and suitably for work. Not ones for wearing unflattering trousers suits - like myself - they wanted to be able to wear a  simple one piece, that not only fits comfortably, but flatters and can be accessorised in a variety of ways. Note, that by 'one piece' I mean a dress, ladies, not catsuits or onesies.

I was lucky enough to be invited along to a launch of their first capsule dress collection - held at Hotel La Tour - recently, to find out just what was different about their dresses in comparison to the dresses you might find down the high street.

My verdict? Well, first of all, on the hanger the clothes look extremely classy and well made, but the winning formula within the dresses is that it is not just the outer fabric that has a good element of stretch within it, but the lining does too. Ever tried on a dress that is stretchy on top but has no give in the lining? Yeah. Slight design flaw in my opinion. You'll find that every Cecily dress contains the element of stretch throughout, so if you're a size 10 on the top, with a small waist and a slightly larger bottom (like myself), then this could be your solution.

The downside is the dresses don't come cheap - they're between £260 - £350 each, but if you can stretch to those prices for one or two good quality,  versatile and very flattering staple wardrobe items, that will effortlessly take you from office to evening do, then  you perhaps need look no further.

My favourite is the 'Angel' dress in teal. To view this and the full collection, visit www.wearcecily.com.

0 comments: