TOP NEWS

Can't see what you're looking for? Type in your keywords above to search The Style Floozie site.

08/05/2013

Snail trail for your face? Yes, it's a thing!


Here's a question for you girls and boys: would you allow your face to be smothered by a snail's slimy trail if it meant your skin would be left soft and smooth?

No? Me neither.

What if I told you that it was simply some form of slimy snail ingredient that was used in a face mask that you have to wear for approximately 20-25 minutes instead?

It still sounds pretty grim doesn't it? But that's what a friend recently handed and recommended to me. So naturally, as 'grossed out' as I was when I felt the cold slippery sliminess of it, I had to try it.

For 20 minutes my face was took on the appearance of some slimy plastic looking robot from one century or another, with a slight resemblance to someone wearing a protective plastic face mask after possibly suffering burns (but without the burns, thankfully). But still, I persevered, and luckily I was home alone, so I couldn't frighten anyone in the process.

The concept conjured up memories of me and my childhood friends (boys - I was a tomboy running around in colour change T-shirts, jeans and trainers, and I doubt any girly girl would consider this) daring each other to let big juicy snails slime across our hands. Yuck. And I can't remember my hands feeling any softer back then!

However, once the 20 minutes was up, I peeled off the mask, patted in any excess moisture and... voila! My skin actually did feel smooth and moisture-full. In fact, I'm not usually a fan of face masks as they don't always react well with my skin. But this, I must say, felt great. Who'd have thought?

It's called Snail Therapy Hydro-gel mask, by Nature Republic. I'm not sure where my friend got it from, however it is currently available (at a price) on Alibaba, eBay etc - drop it into Google, and see where you can get it from.

1 comment:

  1. It's one of those ingredients I am dubious about same with bee venom, great that it worked for your skin, I am sure by the time they process it it look and feels nothing like slime! Ha ha Ana x

    http://anagoesgreenbeautyorganic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete