TOP NEWS

Can't see what you're looking for? Type in your keywords above to search The Style Floozie site.

22/03/2013

A Taste of Festive Indulgence at La Tour


Every Style Floozie needs a non-fashion indulgence once in a while, and yours truly , having just celebrated my 30th year on this planet, over in Amsterdam, was definitely ready for a little sit-down treat.

Cue Hotel La Tour.




A lap of 4-star luxury, sitting just a stone's throw from Birmingham's Moor Street Station, Hotel La Tour is perhaps the most recent stylish addition to the hotel landscape in our fair city. Despite having been open a while now, it is still one of our best kept secrets.

Like many hotels, it houses a restaurant and bar, serving its signature high tea. Unlike your run-of-the mill hotel bar, it offers a tranquil, quirky, and luxury setting, despite being located next to a busy city centre road, making it easy to believe you are miles away from the hustle and bustle, rather than just yards away.

Having sampled their high tea & been highly impressed the first time around, as soon as I discovered they had launched a Christmas menu, well, you can imagine my excitement - I love my food.



On arrival, I'm handed the most delicious glass of mulled wine I have possibly ever tasted. A choice of tea follows as standard. Then comes the three tiers of delight - the food. Oh my... this should come with a warning: "delicious, rich and deceptively filling - impossible to leave a single bite".

On the top tier: smoked salmon, ham and mustard and brie and cranberry sandwiches, along with the freshest, tastiest pigs in blankets you could ask for.

Second tier: my personal favourite, homemade mini scones with jam and clotted cream.

Dessert tier: four mini, bite-sized, rich puddings, bursting with flavour: cranberry Eton mess, a mango tartlet, Christmas chocolate pudding and Christmas cake with cranberries on top.

I have two words that decribe this perfectly: simply divine.

To accompany your High Tea you can also choose extras such as a glass of Moet & Chandon, 1889 cocktail and chilled Egg Nog.

For £15.95 per person, I cannot fault it. In fact I would say it is ridiculously good value for the quality of not just the high tea, but the service you receive too.

Location-wise, the hotel is a little further away from the usual hot-spots like the Mailbox, but it's worth the extra few steps. And if you're into your interiors, you'll love the white, sparkly trees installed just for Christmas - very stylish indeed. Sadly I was unable to cart one home to erect in my flat.

My tip for anyone tempted by what you've just read: go forth, indulge, and spread the word. This place deserves as much recognition as you can shower on it.


(7 December 2012)

0 comments: